- maintainance, oil and greasing
- change of car in case of serious breakdown
- baby seat and roof rack upon request
- road map
- third party liability, property damage, fire and theft
- age requirements: minimum 22 years
- a valid driver licence held for at least 2 years
- minimum rental duration: 24 hours
- terms of payment: upon delivery in cash Euro, or with VISA or MasterCard
- traffic fines for renter's responsibility
- gasoline: renter pays for gasoline consumed during rental
- 23% VAT is included in the prices mentioned
- delivery and collection is free at Heraklion and Chania airports/ harbours only, for minimum rental of 7 days period in a row. To deliver the car at the airports we need your flight company's name, flight number and expected arrival time (local time is +2 GMT). Our representative will make an agreement where on the airport you will meet him, normally just outside the airport's luggage reclaim area, when you enter the main airport lounge, holding a sign with your name on it, or just with "Sfakia Tours". He will show you the car, answer your questions and make an agreement for time and place to leave the car at the end of the rental period. Payment is due upon delivery
- rented cars can not be taken outside Greece's national border. A written permission of Sfakia Tours is needed to take the rented car on a ferry boat outside Crete
Below you find a sample of the paper car hire contract details that will be presented to you at the delivery of your car:
CAR HIRE AGREEMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS (2015)
Called here the lessor (in this case Sfakia Tours) take the obligation to rent a vehicle under the following conditions. The renter acknowledges and it is agreed.
1. The renter received the vehicle in good order and condition. He must return it in the same condition, with all tools, tyres and other parts.
2. In the contract is recorded the rental time. If the renter wants to extend the rental he must inform the lessor 24 hours before the arranged returning. The lessor has the right to take the vehicle back from the renter if he does not drive according to the traffic regulations or if he drives against the interest of the lessor.
3. The renter shall take care to have the vehicle in good condition. He must check the oil and water during the rental. Also he must pay himself for the cost of gasoline/ petrol. Any transgression of the kilometer counter by the renter is prohibited.
4. The lessor shall not be responsible for damage to any property left or shed or transported by the renter or other person in, or upon the vehicle before, during or after the rental or after the return of the vehicle to the lessor's office.
5. The renter shall always lock the vehicle when not in use and take all precautions to prevent its theft, or of its accessoires.
6. The lessor, whilst taking all precautions and using its best efforts to prevent such happenings, shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any fault or defect, in or from machine damage, of the vehicle or any consequential damage.
7. Renter shall pay the lessor the sum of, unless an all-inclusive payment has been agreed (a-d):
a) All basic delivery and collection charges when applicable to the rental.
b) All time and mileage charges computed at the rates shown in this agreement.
c) State taxes and service fees of the rental.
d) All charges subject to final audit.
If the renter delays the car after the arranged returning time, for each hour exceeded the charge is 20% of the agreed daily unlimited mileage charge.
8. Vehicle shall not be used:
a) Against the terms and conditions of this agreement.
b) To carry persons or property for hire.
c) To carry more persons than vehicle is licensed for.
d) To transfer or carry heavy luggage or badly smelling goods, or narcotics.
e) To tow other cars or vehicles.
f) In any race test or contest.
g) By any person under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or carrying a gun.
h) By any person without the prior authorisation of the lessor, as written in this agreement.
i) For any use against the laws of Greece.
j) Outside of the island of Crete.
9. Renter is responsible for, and shall pay for, parking and parking and traffic violations.
Unless an all-inclusive payment has been agreed, and the reservation has been made through internet booking, which means the vehicle will be rented including a full insurance, also including tyres and underside of the car, and which costs for the full insurance are already included in the agreed all-inclusive price:
If full insurance was not agreed during internet reservation the following applies:
a) Collision Damage Waiver (CDW): Renter id fully relieved from the responsibility for any damage (except the tyres, interior part and underside of the vehicle) if the renter accepts the relevant conditions of this agreement and pays an additional amount of money,calculated on a daily basis, according to the lessor's tariff, under the condition that the renter during the rental period and its not agreed exceeding of it, complies with all traffic regulations in force. In case the renter does not agree upon this CDW, the car has only third party insurance, and therefore the renter will be fully responsible for any kind of damage to the car, that occurs during the agreed rental period, and its not agreed exceding time.
b) Personal Accident Cover (PAC): The insured renter accepts to pay an additional ammount of money calculated on a daily basis according to the lessor's current tariff, and he accepts the terms and conditions of the accident policy which is arranged for its customers with the insurance company of the lessor. Any customer who refuses to accept this personal accident policy is directly responsible for the passengers in the vehicle, and for any damage or injuries for which they can claim.
c) The present insurance agreement is an agreement subsidiary to the rental agreement and for acceptance it should be signed by the renter in the acceptance box on the first page of the rental contract, during the acceptance procedure of the rented vehicle at the start of the rental period, when the vehicle has been delivered as agreed to the customer.
Any damage to the car caused by the renter, or for his own responsibility, up to an amount of Euro 350 is not covered by any insurance, also not the full insurance.
d) The renter is responsible for damage over the insurance cover.
11. In case of an accident or any other incident the renter is responsible for following the insurance procedure as set out below:
a) Call the police
b) Obtain names and addresses of any witnesses
c) Do not accept any responsibility or fault for the accident, until the police has found the guilty party
d) Contact the lessor immediately by phone, or other way
e) Obtain all relevant information from the third party, or parties (car number, license number, names etc.
f) Complete and sign an accident report within 24 hours from the time the accident happened
g) Send any other documents or information relevant to the accident to the lessor
12. Lessor is not waived from any legal claim reported in this agreement, or contained in legal force over this agreement.
13. Delivery problems may compel the lessor to cancel a reservation, or supply another type of car, the agreed.
14. Any and all disputes which may arise between the lessor and the renter shall fall within the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts ofChania on the island of Crete, Greece.
15. Lessor is not obliged to pay any refund before the end of this rental agreement.
I have read and agree to the terms and conditions on both sides of this (paper) rental agreement. My signature below will be considered to have been made on the applicable Credit Card or charge card voucher.
- road assistance available 24 hours a day, mobile phone support:
+30 69 74 74 78 27
- conditions subject to change without prior notice